Did you know that more than 90 million American’s will be traveling over the holidays. Homeowners can expect on average 12 guests at their dinner table for holiday celebrations.
Toilets will have extra use over the coming weeks as we approach Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Christmas and New Years. Everyone thinks of baking desserts, making beds and dusting fans but no seems to think about giving their toilet a check up before guests arrive.
The average person uses the restroom between six and eight times each day. Homes with 12 or more guests can expect an increase in toilet traffic during this peak travel season, as many as 96 extra flushes per day.
Plumbers across the country celebrated National Toilet Day on November 19th and Benjamin Franklin, The Punctual Plumber was no exception.
In honor of National Toilet Day we wanted to share 19 interesting toilet related facts.
1. The toilet is flushed more times during the Super Bowl halftime than at any time during the year.
2. The toilet is the home appliance that uses up the most amount of water.
3. The most expensive toilet in the galaxy is found in space. Each toilet in space costs about 19 million dollars.
4. Most toilets flush in the key of E flat.
5. The first time male and female toilets were separated was in Paris during a high-class party in 1739.
6. The first toilet ever seen on TV was on “Leave It To Beaver”. The first movie to show a toilet flushing was in the movie “Psycho”.
7. An average person visits the toilet 2500 times a year, about six-eight times a day.
8. The average person spends three whole years of their life sitting on the toilet.
9. The average life expectancy of a toilet is 50 years.
10. Over $100,000 US dollars was spent on a study to determine whether most people put their toilet paper on the holder with the flap in front or behind; the answer: three out of four people have the flap in the front.
11. Every year, there are more than 40,000 toilet-related injuries in the US. The odds are 1 out of 10000 that you will get a toilet-related injury this year.
12. There are 333 squares of toilet paper on a roll.
13. On average, consumers use 8.6 sheets per trip – a total of 57 sheets per day. That’s an annual total of 20,805 sheets!
14. The White House has thirty bathrooms. The Pentagon uses about 636 toilet paper rolls per day.
15. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
16. The first toilet cubicle in a row is the least used (and consequently cleanest).
17. The average desk harbors 400 times more bacteria than the average toilet seat
18. Car steering wheels carry more than twice as many germs as a toilet seat
19. Lack of suitable toilets and sanitation kills approximately 1.8 million people a year, many of them children.
For more fun facts and information about Benjamin Franklin, The Punctual Plumber please visit: https://www.benfranklinplumbingaz.com/.
Thank you for reading my blog, if your toilet is needing some extra attention to make it through the rest of the year, please use our easy real time online booking system or call us at 480-812-1855, mention this blog to receive $39.00 off any toilet repair this week.