Electric Water Heaters are used by most homeowners around the Phoenix Arizona area to heat their hot water needs. On April 12, 2010 the Arizona Cash For Appliance Rebate Program goes into effect and an Electric Heat Pump Water Heater with an Energy Star rating will qualify for the program. It has an energy factor of >=2.0 and it qualifies for the highest rebate available $425.00 (with a reservation number). As a plumber for more then 25 years, I have never seen so many great benefits to getting a new water heater than now.
I realize many homeowners may not have heard of an Electric Heat Pump Water Heater before, but it is worth looking into. Many homeowners have heard of a heat pump if they have an electric air conditioner and heater, this usually also uses a heat pump to heat and cool the entire home. It is the same type of process with a heat pump water heater as the heat pump is now part of the water heater and uses the air around the water heater tank to heat the water.
Why Change To An Electric Heat Pump Water Heater:
- This water heater is the most energy efficient water heater available today. Every year that your current water heater gets older, it will become more inefficient to run and cost more money. Even if your water heater is producing good hot water, do you know the costs it costs you to do this every day?
- Energy Star says “that this new innovative way of heating hot water will cut your energy bill to heat hot water by 50%”.
- It protects the environment. “If everyone buying an electric water heater this year chose an ENERGY STAR qualified heat pump model instead of a standard model, we would avoid 19.6 billion pounds of carbon dioxide emissions. That’s the equivalent of taking 1.6 million cars off the road”, according to Energy Star.
- This water heater is great for our weather here in Arizona. It will not work in some colder climates.
- In most cases, it should install where the standard electric tank water heater is now with no additional work needed, but will need to be checked first by a plumber.
- Right now is the best time to get financial help to save money on a new high energy efficient water heater. On top of the Cash Rebate Program it also qualifies for additional Tax Benefits – a 30% federal tax credit up to $1500.00 and $1000.00 state tax credit.
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is matching the Cash rebates as an additional incentive for the homeowner in the Phoenix area.
The bottom line with a purchase from us, if you qualify, you get $850.00 cash rebate (1/2 from the appliance rebate program & half from us) and both tax credits Federal of 30% up to $1500.00 and $1000.00 from the state. Never before have we had this much money available to help you save money on heating your hot water, see the details at www.arizonarebates.com. You must act on April 12th, and call us for your installation. Don’t miss out on this great deal!
Here’s the details of the Rheem unit we are recommending:
The Rheem Heat Pump Water Heater has these key features::
- The Rheem Heat Pump Water Heater comes with a 6 year tank and parts warranty and 1 year labor warranty. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing sweetens the deal by adding 6 years of labor warranty and 6 annual water heater flushes on top of the Manufactures warranty. So for 6 years the homeowners have no cost out of pocket to repair the water heater. This extra benefits from us, allows the average family to earn back every but of their initial costs very quickly.
- To minimize heat loss during standby periods the unit has a 2.5-inch-thick, non-CFC foam insulation. This is important during periods when there is no demand for hot water;
- a premium resistored anode rod extends tank life;
- long-lasting stainless steel resistored elements;
- a factory-installed, brass drain valve;
- a factory-installed temperature and pressure relief valve;
- hot and cold-water and condensate drain connections (all ¾-inch N.P.T.) on the side of the water heater, rather than on the top, for easier installation and maintenance
- This water heater will operate as a standard tank style water heater, you will not notice any difference in your hot water supply.
The size of this water heater is slightly larger and will take up a bit more room than most standard electric water heaters.
Update on the Arizona Cash Rebate Program:
Please note that the Gas Condensing Water Heaters that was listed has been removed from the AZ Cash Rebate program.
Don’t miss out on us matching your qualified rebate with the additional tax credits, call us at 602-904-7252 or click on make an appointment to have us install your new water heater. We can service all your plumbing and water treatment needs around the Phoenix area 24/7.
Check back for our next discussion on “Arizona Cash for Appliance: Tankless Gas Hot Water Heaters”
We welcome comments and will happily answer any questions in our blog. If you need the answers in a hurry, just give us a call.