Solar hot water heaters in Phoenix Arizona work well. With 300 days of great sunshine in Phoenix annually you essentially get to heat your hot water for free. We know the sun will rise everyday, we know that utilites rates are increasing, and the incentives are enticing. Solar Hot Water Heater will help you bridge the gap between higher energy bills and installation costs. Solar products have improved and research has paid off with lower maintenace and higher reliabilty in these systems. Buyers just need to know what to look for.
Currently Phoenix valley homeowners have the ability to get many incentives:
- 30% Federal Tax Credit for 2009.
- 25% or up to $1000.00 Arizona State tax credit for 2009.
- No Sales Tax, right now there is no sales tax on Solar Water Heater Systems.
- Utility Rebate -both SRP and APS Average rebate is currenty $1300.00. Depending on the Solar Systems OG-300 Rating.
- We recommend reviewing tax credits with your accountant.
- All Utility Rebates subject to change without any notice.
The bottom line is you can get a brand new entirely solar water heating system of high quality that will pay for itself. Ben Franklin promises no out of pocket expenses for repairs in the first 10 years. Now thats what I call “peace of mind” service.
Click for current details on SRP and APS rebate amounts in Arizona.
How Does Solar Water Heater Work?
- The plumbing system sends water up to the solar collector to heat up.
- The solar collector on the roof heats the water in it or running through it with the suns rays.
- The hot water from the roof is piped down into a holding tank ready for use.
- The holding tank is backed up with electric or gas power to heat the water if the sun is unavailable.
Benefits Of A Solar Hot Water System:
- With adequate sun exposure in Phoenix, your hot water use is essentially heated for free.
- Upgrade your home to solar hot water heater usage (it is an asset when selling your home too).
- Incentives available to save you on the cost to switch over to solar hot water power are generous.
- Depending on the system, some solar collectors will last up to 30 years.
- HOA’s must allow Solar Hot Water Systems on homes.
- Do your part for the environment and go green.
- Low Carbon Footprint is the goal.
- Many solar collectors look nice and some are asthetically pleasing – some look like a skylight.
- Arizonans should always use Registrar of Contractors Licensed Solar Plumbers for your installation. You can check their license online to protect yourself.
- Check out the reputation of the both sales and install company (They may be operating with two different names). Also check with Better Businees Bureau in Phoenix, past clients, vendors, etc. essentially anyway you can find to be sure they are a reputable company and have the needed experience to do a great job for you.
- Verify that the sales company and installing plumber have their liability insurance current.
- Request Drug Free and Criminal background checked employees be at your home to protect you and your family.
- Use of financing may be available to help you until rebates and credits arrive.
- Monthly utility savings will depend on household usage of hot water.
- Solar systems with more parts have more repairs in their future.
- Don’t get fooled by a low price. You will not really save money when repairs are needed often or parts are difficult to find.
Contact Benjamin Franklin, The Punctual Plumber we are A+ Rated by BBB. To get local service call 1-866-867-5309 mention this blog and get a free quote for a new solar water heater.
Some of our past blogs include:
“Solar Water Heater Homeowner Options”
“Water Heater Annual Care and Maintenance”
“Benjamin Franklin Plumbing on The Apprentice?”
“Watch and Win the Hot Item On The Apprentice Show”